Our commitment to your privacy
Your privacy is important to us. We are committed to keeping your information secure and confidential. We ensure that the data we collect benefits New Zealand, and is used for research or statistical purposes to inform good decision-making by Government, business, and all New Zealanders.
We keep your information safe by:
- collecting only the information we need and using it for that purpose
- keeping data safe from unauthorised access and use
- protecting information that could identify individuals, households, or businesses.
Privacy, security, and confidentiality of information supplied to Statistics NZ
How we keep the information we collect from surveys and administrative data private and secure.
Data integration projects and privacy impact assessments
Evaluation of privacy risks associated with integrating data from different data sources.
Privacy and security on our website
How we protect your privacy when you:
- visit our website
- subscribe to a newsletter or service
- fill out a feedback or consultation form
- register for a forum or event.