Changes in the seasonally adjusted value of transactions (compared with March 2012) were as follows:
- Total electronic card transactions were up (0.6 percent).
- Transactions in the retail industries were up (0.8 percent).
- Transactions in the core retail industries were up (0.7 percent).
- The largest increase was in the consumables industry.
- Apparel and fuel had the largest decreases.
The actual (unadjusted) value of transactions in the core retail series was up 1.1 percent from April 2011.
| Geoff Bascand
||11 May 2012
| Government Statistician
|| ISSN 1178-0258