Changes in the seasonally adjusted value of transactions (compared with February 2012) were as follows:
- Total electronic card transactions were down (0.2 percent).
- Transactions in the retail industries were up (0.3 percent).
- Transactions in the core retail industries were up (0.5 percent).
- The largest increase was in the hospitality industry.
- Non-retail and fuel had the largest decreases.
The actual (unadjusted) value of transactions in the core retail series was up 5.8 percent from March 2011.
| Geoff Bascand
||12 April 2012
| Government Statistician
|| ISSN 1178-0258