In April 2012:
- The trend for the number of new dwellings consented continues to increase.
- 1,230 new dwellings were consented, including 138 apartments (88 of which were retirement village units).
- Earthquake-related consents identified in Canterbury totalled $28 million, including 17 new dwellings.
In April 2012 compared with April 2011:
- Auckland had the largest regional increase in new dwellings consented, up 101 dwellings.
- Residential consent values rose $95 million (27 percent).
- Non-residential consent values fell $24 million (9.4 percent).
30 May 2012