This release provides information about how much and what type of energy businesses within the manufacturing sector use. The Manufacturing Energy Use Survey also asks about energy management practices. This information is useful for planning and decision making in sustainable energy policies and programmes.
Within the manufacturing sector, the sub industry groupings are:
- Food, beverage, and tobacco
- Textile, clothing, footwear, and leather manufacturing
- Wood and paper product manufacturing
- Printing, publishing, and recorded media
- Petroleum, coal, chemical, and associated product manufacturing
- Non-metallic mineral product manufacturing
- Metal product manufacturing
- Machinery and equipment manufacturing
- Other manufacturing.
This survey is a collaboration between Statistics New Zealand, the Ministry of Economic Development (MED) and the Energy Efficiency Conservation Authority (EECA).
Subscribe to our information releases.
Source: Manufacturing Energy Use Survey
Available from: March 2006
Please complete this request form if you would like access to previous releases.
Time series data can be accessed from the Infoshare database.