Why are you carrying out this survey?
We carry out this survey to collect information about how New Zealand businesses operate. It builds a better understanding of practices and behaviour of businesses that may affect the business performance of each industry.
Who takes part in the survey? How did you select me?
All (approximately 7,500) New Zealand businesses that employ staff and that are engaged in the following industries for more than one year take part in this survey:
- Agriculture, forestry, and fishing
- Electricity, gas, water, and waste services
- Wholesale trade
- Retail trade
- Transport, postal, and warehousing
- Information media and telecommunications
- Financial and insurance services
- Rental, hiring, and real estate services
- Professional, scientific, and technical services
- Administrative and support services
- Education and training
- Health care and social assistance
- Arts and recreation services.
When do you carry out the survey?
The survey is carried out every year.
How can I complete the survey questionnaire?
You can complete the survey questionnaire by filling in a paper or electronic (editable PDF) form.
Page updated 10 June 2016