In February 2012 compared with January 2012:
- Food prices rose 0.6 percent.
- Non-alcoholic beverage prices rose 3.0 percent, reflecting less discounting for soft drinks, fruit juices, and energy drinks.
- Meat, poultry, and fish prices rose 1.7 percent, partly due to less discounting for chicken pieces.
- Grocery food prices rose 0.6 percent.
- Restaurant meals and ready-to-eat food prices fell 0.2 percent.
- Fruit and vegetable prices fell 2.0 percent, reflecting seasonally lower prices for pumpkin, apples, potatoes, and onions.
From February 2011 to February 2012:
- Food prices increased 1.5 percent.
|13 March 2012