In the March 2012 quarter, compared with the December 2011 quarter:
|Prices received by producers (outputs) fell 0.1 percent.
||Prices paid by producers (inputs) rose 0.3 percent.
- Manufacturing was the key contributor to the fall, with meat and dairy product prices down.
- Sheep, beef, and dairy farming output prices were down.
- Electricity and gas supply prices were up 6.9 percent.
- Higher electricity generator prices were the largest contributor to the inputs PPI.
- Food manufacturers paid lower prices for livestock and milk. The manufacturing inputs price index was down 1.2 percent.
In the March 2012 quarter, compared with the March 2011 quarter:
- The prices received by producers rose 1.6 percent.
- The prices paid by producers rose 2.3 percent.
|17 May 2012